Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year Thoughts


What better way to start a fresh New Year than with Fresh Fallen Snow, covering all the muck and making everything look new...



New Year's resolutions, yay or nay?

I usually don't do them, or I should say I don't "officially" make New Year's Resolutions. What I mean to say is, I don't usually State what my New Year's Resolutions are. If I don't officially say them, then I can't really fail, because I never really said I was going to do anything...

The beginning of a New Year is a time of reflection, a time to look back and a time to look Forward. Both have great value in our lives, both can bring Great Joy, and Great Sadness. There are of course things we'd like to accomplish, and things we'd like to change. Things we'd like to leave behind, and things we'd like to take with us as we move forward.

Isn't it wonderful that the New Year brings with it a chance for a fresh new start, to travel down a new path., or the opportunity to continue and improve the path we're on? 

Actually doesn't each new day brings us new opportunities, new chances, fresh starts?

So even though I don't always make New Year's Resolutions, I make New Resolutions...

I'm soooooo not a list maker, I'm more a "Whatever" go with the flow... you get the gist

I was thinking about making a list of things I'd really like to accomplish this year, but things just weren't clicking into place, my goals are too sketchy for a list. So I decided to try and make an "Outline" instead.

Outline in progress, and I'll post as a "page" so I can keep it Handy!

I'd also like to do some posts on my progress, maybe once a month to help keep me on track...



Psalm 69:1-3
God, God save me! I'm in over my head, quicksand under me, swamp water over me; I'm going down for the third time. I'm hoarse from calling for help, bleary-eyed from searching the sky for God

Do you ever feel like this? This is me now, but through Prayer and Scripture, with my Focus on the Lord, I am determined to turn things around.


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment